Jen- I have been experiencing a lot of different emotions lately, and it makes me wonder if this is part of being a mom, or if it is just me? I love being at home with Noah and would not give up this time with him for anything, but I have also been going crazy being at home so much! We take Noah to visit family about once a week, but I still don't like taking him out too much because he is so young. As the weeks go on we will begin to get out more and more. Even though I love being a mommy full time, I still need some time to myself every once in a while so I can keep my sanity. I feel horrible saying that, because it makes me feel like a bad mommy. Are these feelings normal I wonder? I had to go into work this morning for a couple of hours to attend a mandatory meeting, so Noah got to spend some alone time with daddy. I am not looking forward to going back to work full time, but it did feel good to get out of the house for a couple of hours. Even though I enjoyed the time to myself, I was thinking about Noah the entire time I was gone and couldn't wait to get back to him! I know I'm confusing. I hope that everyone knows that I am trying my hardest to be the best mommy I can be for Noah and in order to do that I need some just "Jennifer" time every once in a while. Just getting that couple of hours today did wonders for me. As soon as I walked through the door to see my adorable little bundle of joy I went back in mommy mode, which is perfect for me! I gave Noah a bath, and then we played a little before we took a 2 hour nap together because we were both so wore out.

This picture was taken before our nap while I was playing with him.
On a different note, Noah and I would like to wish safe traveling to Curtis and his Army Unit tomorrow. Curtis will be going to South Carolina until Tuesday evening for another Army job, so we will miss him a lot. I know he will miss us too, but hopefully he will be able to check the blog daily while he is gone to see his adorable son to brighten his day. We love you Curtis and will miss you!
that is SO normal...and those couple hours away will make you a better mommy and wife:)
ReplyDelete