
Yesterday Noah turned 4 months old (I know, I can't believe it either), so sadly today we had to take him for his 4 month shots. He was such a happy baby while Dr. Lyons was examining him, but that quickly changed when the nurses came in to give him the shots. He did really good given the circumstances. I held his little tiny hands while they gave him the shots as he cried at the top of his lungs:( It brought tears to my eyes seeing my baby in pain and not being able to do anything for him. I just kept telling him it was going to be ok and giving him little kisses on his head. As soon as they were over I picked him up to calm him down, and he stopped crying right away. He is such a good baby! He has been asleep every since we got home (as you can see in the picture above) and hasn't ran a fever so far, so I'm hoping with giving him the Tylenol that he won't get one at all.
I'm going to tell you a little bit about his check up now. Noah now weighs 15 pounds and 9 ounces, and is 24 inches long. His checkup went very well and the Doctor said he is a healthy boy, and is growing at the rate he should at this age. We are still feeding him formula only since Noah seems satisfied and has been going longer stretches between feedings. The Doctor said she would like for him to stay on formula only until he comes back for his 6 month checkup/shots if possible. She said if they can hold off on eating cereal/baby food until they are 6 months it cuts down on them getting food allergies. We plan on waiting until the 6 month mark to feed him food, but if he starts acting hungry before that mark for something other than formula, then we will do what we have to so he is happy:)
I was very happy that Curtis came home this morning (he is on Army Duty again this week at Fort Knox) to go to the Doctor with us. I am always very nervous on shot day, so it helps put me more at ease when he is here for support. I know Noah always likes his daddy being here with us also! While his daddy was home this morning I also gave him pictures of Noah to put in his wallet to show off to everyone! I went to go pick up his 3 month pictures yesterday, and I love them:) I will be mailing them off to the Moss family tomorrow at work, so be looking for them in the mail. Well I'm going to go take care of some things around the house while he continues to nap. I took the day off work so he could just stay home and be comfortable after his rough morning. I hope he has a peaceful and restful day at home with mommy and Hannah.

Awww, I'm sure that was so hard! But, you do it because you care about him and you are an amazing mommy!!! :) I love the pic of Noah sleeping! He looks so peaceful! I'm also glad Curtis was able to come home and be with you and Noah. I can't wait to see the pics you picked out! :) Hope to see you soon!
ReplyDelete