Monday, April 19, 2010

The Cleaning Blues

This past weekend I (Jen) spent the day Saturday cleaning out Noah's closet. I didn't think it would take that long, but once I got into it I was in there for at least 2 hours. It fells so good now that his closet is back to the point that I can walk in it again instead of reaching over top of items to just be able to get to his clothes. As happy as I was to get it all cleaned out, it was very sad at the same time for me. I had to pack up lots and lots of his baby clothes that no longer fit him. I had plenty of moments that I just sat down to stop and think about when he used to wear a size 3 month outfit, or to look at the clothes he was wearing just a couple of months ago! I just feel like the past almost 11 months has gone by so quickly that I haven't really had the time to stop and think about how he is going to be turning a year old very soon!! It's a very bitter sweet moment. I'm so happy that he is growing the way he should, but I also wish he was that little baby that was just being born last May:)

Noah's closet is now clean, his baby clothes that no longer fit him are boxed away, and all his baby swings and mobile are taken down. I haven't given anything away, because Curtis and I are wanting to try and have 1 more baby. This weekend was a definite sign to me that I want another one! No, it's not going to be any time soon before everyone starts thinking things!! (ha) We are thinking about when Noah turns 2 trying to have another one, but we will leave that in God's hands:) For the present time we are just going to continue focusing on our precious Noah and trying to be the best parents we can for him!

No comments:

Post a Comment