Friday, June 26, 2009

Memories of M.J.

Any one our age remembers Michael Jackson's highest point. Jennifer and I are going to talk about some things that we remember about the "King of Pop." Here is a video of Thriller done in Lego's frame for frame!


On a side note, it was great to see full length videos shown on MTV all day.

Curtis- I am going to share my fondest memory that involves Michael Jackson. In the mid eighties we had a "jam box" that was gray and obscenely large. You know the type, you would see people walking along with these hoisted upon their shoulder blasting in their ear. My brother, his friends, and I did not usually get along at this time. With Chris being 4 years older than me he was always just enough ahead for me to be annoying and me to want to hang with him. This particular day there was no argument, fight, or other disaster. Instead we were all brought together with Michael's music. We spent that afternoon dancing our best impression of M.J. We all thought we were doing great, but I am sure some little white kids from Western Kentucky would have only slowed down traffic because of how ridiculous we looked. Finally, I must commend Michael on being a star who transcended the stereotypes. He was huge on every continent but Antarctica! Black, white, asian it didn't matter he loved the people and people loved him.

Jennifer- Since I was a little girl I have always been a Michael Jackson fan. I may not have always agreed with some of the things I heard about him, but it isn't my place to judge. It all began for me listening to the "Thriller" record (Now my age is starting to show)! I loved that album and would listen to it over and over without getting tired of hearing it:) I would always say I wanted to marry him being too young to understand what marriage meant. Thanks to Michael Jackson I began early appreciating the art of dance!

I hope that one day Noah will be able to tell memories of an artist like we have today. The song that sticks out to me that I would like to dedicate to Noah is "I'll Be There". I want him to always know that no matter what, his mommy will always be there for him!

May you be "thrilled" by something on your journey today.

No comments:

Post a Comment