Monday, August 3, 2009

Noah's Big Day


Jen- Today was Noah's first day in day care. Curtis and I are still trying to find a routine for us in the morning, but we will figure it out soon enough with more practice. I have to admit that it was very hard on me this morning. I was able to hold it together until I saw Curtis pulling out of the driveway with Noah asleep in the back, and then I lost it. I had to get a good cry out for about 10 minutes and then I dried my eyes and started getting ready for work. It felt good to start back to work today, but all I did was think about Noah all day! Of course I had to call around 10:00 a.m. to check on my baby to see how he was doing, and when Lori (the woman who runs the day care) answered the phone I could hear Noah crying in the background. My heart sank when I heard him crying and I couldn't be there to hold him and console him. She told me he was doing good and he had just started to cry when I called, so I let her go so she could get back to work. I did good and I didn't call back, but I have to admit that I was worried about him all day. When I got home from work he was asleep in his daddy's arms and it warmed my heart and made me feel so much better seeing he was OK. I don't know how to describe the feeling I had this morning having to give our baby over to someone that isn't family besides that it was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do. I trust Lori or of course or we wouldn't have chosen her to watch Noah, but it is still very very hard. I'm a mommy what can I say?! I have spent as much time as I can with Noah tonight, but it still isn't that time that we are used to having so it is going to take some getting used to. I only hope that one day Noah will understand that if I could stay home with him I would, but mommy and daddy are trying to give him the best life possible.

I survived today and hopefully it will get a little easier everyday even though it will never be ok with me to have to leave him. I would like to say thank you to Curtis for trying to make my first day back to work a little better today, because he sent me some beautiful flowers for my office with a very sweet card. I am a very lucky girl and he makes me realize that (along with Noah) everyday when I wake up. I will go to sleep tonight praying that Noah has a good day again tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure today was very hard... I will be in your shoes sometime in the near future... NOT something I am looking forward to either. We just have to trust that the Lord has a plan for our sons and He brings people into their lives to fullfill tht plan, including babysitters. Easier said than done! Curtis is SO SWEET to send you flowers! You are blessed with an amazing husband! (As am I, if I do say so myself!)
    Love y'all!

    ReplyDelete