Tuesday, August 9, 2011

80 Years?





Yesterday was my mammaw's 80th birthday! I can't believe that she is 80 years old, because she sure doesn't act or look like she is:) I am so Blessed that I'm still able to have my mammaw in my life, and that she is such a Big part of Noah's life as well. I admit that I still don't get to go into Louisville and visit her as much as I would like to, but in the past year I have been trying my hardest to make it a priority to go in and visit her at least 2 weekends out of the month. I thought that since this is such a special time, that I would dedicate today's blog to my mammaw.




My family all got together Sunday to celebrate this wonderful birthday! We all went out to eat at Aspen Creek (very delicious!), and then we all headed back to my mammaw's house to give her all her gifts and to eat cake & ice cream. All of her kids got together to get her a new very comfortable chair, and the grand kids all got together and got her a new Razor flat screen television:) She is all set now! My cousin Matt also made her this awesome Family Tree to hang on her wall. This was very special to her, and he did a great job! My picture isn't very good, but I wanted to share it with everyone.

My mammaw is one of the sweetest and most caring people you will ever meet in your life. She always puts everyone before herself! I used to see my mammaw everyday when I was younger, because she used to babysit me while my mom and dad went to work. I have had so many good memories with my mammow throughout the 31 years of my life, and I can't wait to see how many more I develop in the future years. I am so thankful that Noah is getting to spend time with my mammaw so he can feel the same love his mommy has always received from her! I love my mammaw and hope she had a wonderful 80th birthday. I am such a lucky girl that God chose her to be in my life:)

Update on Noah: Noah went back to daycare yesterday, and he is doing a lot better. I am still giving him his antibiotic and ear drops daily, per the Doctor's instructions. His activity level is back to normal, and he seems his happy little self again, so I could not ask for more:) Also, Curtis is back home with us so we are all happy!!




I hope you all have at least 1 person in your life that is like my mammaw is in mine. She is a true Angel!

No comments:

Post a Comment