Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Noah's 9 Month Appointment


Today Noah turned 9 months:) I can't believe that he will be a year old in 3 months! As all the mommies out there know, at 9 months you go for a checkup to make sure your baby is developing on track and that all is well. Noah is all caught up on his shots, so he didn't have to get any today! Noah is now 21 lbs., 8 oz. and 28 1/2 "!! He is in the 60% on everything, so the Doctor is very pleased with him.

I was very glad that we had a Doctor appointment this morning, because I was going to have to make one if we hadn't. As many of you know, Noah had RSV a couple of weeks ago that had gotten a lot better last week. He was hardly coughing at all and was back at Daycare. Well... his cough started coming back over the weekend, and it just got worse everyday. When I got home from work (this is Jennifer by the way) yesterday, Noah was running a little bit of a fever and was coughing pretty badly. I gave him something for his fever and gave him a breathing treatment that helped his cough a little. I was very nervous about his appointment today and for good reason. The Doctor tested him for RSV, and he has it again! There is nothing worse than being a mommy and not being able to take an illness or pain away from your baby. This could mean that Noah may end up having asthma when he gets a little older. He is too young to be tested now, so we are just taking it one day at a time. I have to give him breathing treatments every 4 hours (even throughout the night), and 1 treatment a day that will have a medicine to help kids with asthma that the Doctor wants to try out on him. He has the beginning stages of RSV, so that Doctor said his cough will unfortunately get worse over the next couple of days. I am having to miss work again this week, because Noah can't return to Daycare until Monday. I will be giving him lots of breathing treatments and lots and lots of TLC!

One more update on Noah that is very exciting that we haven't blogged about yet because we have been so busy, is that he is now crawling! He crawled for the first time last Wednesday at daycare. I hated that we missed the first time he crawled, but I'll be ok. We will take a video of him soon so that his Nana and Pop can see him crawl:) We are now in the process of buying gates and baby proofing our house. It is amazing how fast he is, and it's only just begun. He is also pulling up on furniture now. He is growing up way too fast for mommy! We are sorry we haven't posted anything in a while, but we hope everyone understands. I'm going to go check on Noah since he is taking a nap right now. If you all could say a little prayer for Noah that he can finally get rid of this RSV and be healthy again, we would greatly appreciate it. Bye for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment